Exceeding Our Clients’ Expectations by Providing Superior Legal Services with the Highest Ethical Standards
Trusted advisors guiding you to your best legal options
Giddens, Gatton & Jacobus, P.C. offers comprehensive legal services to clients throughout New Mexico in the practice areas of bankruptcy, business law and personal injury. Our goal is to solve your legal issues efficiently whether you are an individual seeking a fresh start from debt problems or a business that needs guidance for forming a legal entity or resolving a contract dispute.
Offering unique perspectives and personalized solutions for debt problems, business matters and personal injury
Our attorneys provide quality legal services to individuals and companies of all sizes. We use a thorough approach in accessing your unique situation and offer the following:
- Careful consideration of your debt problems — Our debt attorneys provide the experience and knowledge to help you resolve your unique debt problems through creditor negotiations and bankruptcy solutions.
- Professional solutions for your business — Our business attorneys help you choose an entity structure that will maximize your profit; in addition, our business attorneys will represent you in contract disputes or the reorganization of your business.
Distinctive legal solutions for individuals and businesses
With so much at stake with your personal or business finances, you must choose a reliable attorney who can provide solutions with which you feel confident. Our firm provides legal expertise in the following practice areas:
- Bankruptcy law — We provide extensive knowledge in all types of bankruptcies, including Chapters 7 and 13 for individuals and Chapters 11 and 12 for businesses.
- Individuals — People face bankruptcy for a variety of reasons, whether it’s due to an expensive divorce, a medical catastrophe or an unexpected job loss. Our Albuquerque bankruptcy lawyers have expertise in Chapter 7, also known as liquidation, or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which involves reorganization of your debts.
- Businesses — When your business is facing cash flow or tax problems, we determine the best course of action to reorganize or sell your business. Depending on your unique situation, we may recommend a Chapter 11 commercial bankruptcy proceeding, or if you own a family farm, you may be eligible to file a Chapter 12 agricultural business bankruptcy. If your business can't be saved, we help you close it out as smoothly as possible.
- Debt solutions — We are experienced in representing both debtors and creditors, so we can understand the problems that frequently occur with both parties and are adept at coming up with the best solutions.
- Debtors — We provide reliable debtor representation and will put a stop to creditor harassment by negotiating with your creditors or filing for bankruptcy, if necessary.
- Creditors —To keep your business running, you need to collect your receivables in a timely manner. Our Albuquerque business law attorneys protect your rights as a creditor to collect debts and provide representation for your claims as a creditor so you can be paid.
- Business law — We effectively handle all of your commercial law needs, including entity formation, litigation and restructuring.
- Breach of contract — Our attorneys help you resolve a breach of contract issue by negotiating a resolution or representing you in court.
- Business entities — We help you select the best business formation that saves taxes and protects assets.
- Reorganization — We help your company recover from economic difficulties by renegotiating leases and reducing loan payments.
- Loan workouts — We successfully reorganize and return profitability to your company by providing loan workouts with your creditors.
- Personal injury — Our personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping the injured people of New Mexico. We understand the pain, loss and mounting bills that result from an accident caused by someone else's negligence. Our firm will work tirelessly to help you win the highest possible award to compensate you for your losses. Our highly skilled attorneys provide exceptional representation in a broad range of matters:
- Auto accidents — We take care of the legal aftermath of your accident and deal with insurance companies so you can focus on what is most important—your recovery.
- Medical malpractice — Litigation arises when medical procedures, medical devices and prescriptions are handled in a negligent, reckless or incorrect manner causing injury to patients.
- Nursing home litigation — When you place your loved one in the care of others in a nursing home, you expect that person to be safe and secure. When you suspect physical, mental or financial abuse, you must take action.
Our attorneys are talented counselors and litigators who offer dependable advice
At Giddens, Gatton & Jacobus, P.C., our goal is to show you how important you are to us from the moment you walk in our door. Our attorneys serve Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Raton, Farmington, Gallup, Grants, Roswell, Los Lunas, Placitas, Belen and the rest of New Mexico. Our conveniently located office has ample free parking and is easily accessible by public transportation. We offer flexible office hours upon request. To make an appointment for a consultation or to receive a free bankruptcy brochure, contact us online or call us at 505.271.1053.