Top Albuquerque Lawyers Provide a Personalized Approach to Bankruptcy, Business Law and Estate Planning
Offering innovative legal strategies with compassion and integrity
The Law Office of George “Dave” Giddens, P.C. is a comprehensive law firm in Albuquerque, serving all of New Mexico. Our attorneys provide unique solutions to relieve debts through bankruptcy and debt resolution, provide advice in business law matters, minimize taxes and preserve assets with strategic estate planning.
At our law firm, you receive experienced, reliable counseling in many areas of law. We focus on making a new start for our clients. Through our debt relief services we save homes, family farms and businesses, guiding our clients through the bankruptcy process. We advise you on the best options for debt relief for your specific circumstances.
There are various options for bankruptcy and debt relief, and an important part of our practice is finding the right one for each individual client. When you file for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, also known as personal liquidation, we help you get back on your feet by permanently clearing most of your debt. In order to understand if Chapter 7 is the right choice for you, there is a means test to determine your eligibility for bankruptcy. If you are looking to mitigate and restructure business debts, Chapter 11 bankruptcy may be your best choice. Chapter 12 bankruptcy is an agricultural repayment plan to help family farms survive through tough financial times. Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows people with a stable income to keep property, such as a house or car, which may otherwise be lost through foreclosure or repossession.
We have several options for preventing foreclosure for an individual and pursue debts for a creditor, including forgiving most of your debts permanently with a bankruptcy discharge. In addition we advise clients regarding:
- Insolvency — Resolving debt issues related to insolvency
- Creditors — Providing solutions for creditor claims by securing loans and collecting debts
- Commercial collections — Providing results with commercial collections by enforcing judgments
- Creditors’ rights — Representing creditors’ rights to collect outstanding balances
- Business matters — We represent small business owners and farmers in commercial law matter relating to entity formation to maximize profits and minimize taxes including corporations, partnerships and LLCs, business negotiations and agreements and loan documents and offering strong legal representation in breach of contract issues
We work with reorganizations, creating agreements for shareholder transitions and business reorganization, managing all sides of loan workouts, including banks, private lenders and consumers. That includes enforcing and collecting payments for construction companies and contractors. Unlike many other firms, our office has experience in agricultural law, helping farmers with business law issues including loan workouts and construction leases.
Our diverse clientele have different financial needs. That's why we handle all areas of estate planning, including:
- Wills, trusts and powers of attorney — Creating wills and trusts for smooth distribution of assets to heirs and specifying care plans for elderly relatives with a power of attorney
- Guardianships and conservatorships — Helping you make personal and healthcare decisions for an incapacitated loved one or elderly family member
- Probate — The legal process by which a court oversees the distribution of property left by a will
- Healthcare living will — Protecting you and your loved one’s right to receive or refuse medical care
- Tax planning and asset protection — Transferring assets and minimizing fees for estate tax planning to secure your retirement and your children’s future
- Elder law — Representing elderly patients to ensure that their needs are met and prevent abuse
- Real estate — We handle general real estate services, including contracts and closings.
Schedule an appointment with one of our experienced attorneys
Our team of talented lawyers at the Law Office of George "Dave" Giddens, P.C. work in the areas of bankruptcy, foreclosure, taxation, estate planning and business law. Our attorneys serve Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Raton, Farmington, Gallup, Grants, Roswell, Los Lunas, Placitas, Belen and the rest of New Mexico. Flexible office hours are available upon request. We have free parking and a bus stop right in front of the building. To make an appointment for a consultation and receive a free bankruptcy brochure, contact us online or call us at 505.633.6298.