Reputable Albuquerque Attorneys Resolve Credit and Debt Problems
Helping you eliminate credit card problems to get your finances back on track
At the Law Office of George “Dave” Giddens, P.C. our attorneys help you choose the best debt elimination solution for your situation. One of the major causes of debt problems is the overuse of credit cards and the inability to make payments. We resolve debt problems by negotiating loan balances and payment plans. Our attorneys review your finances and bills to find solutions that work for you.
Providing dependable debt settlement solutions to stop credit card collectors
If your credit card debt has become overwhelming, we can negotiate with your creditors to find the best way for you to get out of the red. Our attorneys provide comprehensive debt solutions, including:
- Credit counseling — We analyze your situation and contact your creditors to work out a repayment plan.
- Debt settlement — Our attorneys negotiate with your creditors to reduce your credit card debt or unsecured loan balances.
- Debt consolidation — This form of credit card debt relief consolidates all of your payments into one monthly payment.
- Debtor representation — We stop collection calls and resolve your financial problems.
- Bankruptcy — If your debts are insurmountable and your income is low, our Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorneys help you find the right solution for your debt problems.
Helping you determine if bankruptcy is the best solution to your credit card problems
Before you file for bankruptcy, understand that it is a final option and is not right for everyone. Depending on your situation, bankruptcy may unnecessarily hurt your credit further. Instead, contact our attorneys first to help you explore your options for debt reduction. Debt assistance could come in the form of:
Guiding you through the debt settlement process
Knowing what to do when your finances are out of control is tough, particularly when your creditors are calling every hour. Debt settlement through negotiation with your creditors is a legal process in which you and your creditor agree on a reduced amount that is regarded as payment in full. It's best to trust an experienced bankruptcy attorney to guide you through this complex process.
Creditors frequently do not negotiate reduced balances with consumers who are current on their bills, so debt settlement companies often instruct their clients to stop making payments. Once the client defaults, he or she faces fines, penalties and higher interest rates. In addition, the client is subjected to increasingly aggressive debt collection efforts, including litigation and wage garnishment. Consequently, consumers often find themselves worse off than when the process of debt settlement began and deeper in debt with their credit scores severely damaged. Consumers should steer clear of any companies that:
- Make promises that unsecured debts can be paid off for pennies on the dollar
- Require high monthly service fees and demand a percentage of what you supposedly saved
- Tell you to cease making payments or stop communicating with your creditors
- Suggest that you being sued by creditors is not likely since that is the most likely outcome
- State that they can remove negative information from your credit report
Helping businesses pursue the best methods to collect debts
If you are a creditor, our attorneys are knowledgeable about your rights as a creditor to collect unpaid receivables. Our attorneys provide creditor counseling, including:
- Creditors’ rights — As a creditor, you need to know your rights in regard to collecting debts.
- Creditor claims — We use effective legal remedies to collect the monies owed to you.
Our attorneys negotiate with your creditors to settle your credit card debt
Our debt attorneys at the Law Office of George “Dave” Giddens, P.C. mitigate or eliminate your credit card debt by negotiating on your behalf with your creditors. As soon as your debts are paid off, your credit score begins to improve, which allows you a fresh start and a brighter future. Our attorneys serve Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, Raton, Farmington, Gallup, Grants, Roswell, Los Lunas, Placitas, Belen and the rest of New Mexico. Our conveniently located office has free parking and a bus stop right in front of the building. We offer flexible office hours upon request. To make an appointment for a consultation and receive a free bankruptcy brochure, contact us online or call us at 505.633.6298.