New Mexicans love their bicycles with good reason. It is hard to imagine a more beautiful place to hit the open road while getting some exercise. Use of bikes in our urban areas for commuting and errands is ecologically friendly and a healthy alternative to our usual cars, SUVs and trucks.
But when the driver of a vehicle negligently, recklessly or aggressively strikes a cyclist, the vulnerable biker is in danger of injury and even death.
In Albuquerque, the bicycle culture is thriving. The city ranks number 35 in the top 50 best bike cities in the country for 2016 chosen by Bicycling magazine because of:
· The 2015 complete streets policy
· Rebuilds of major roads to widen bike lanes and add buffers between bikes and vehicles
· A municipal commitment to link 50 miles of biking trails
· A bike share pilot program
· Resurfacing of old bridges
· Addition of concrete barriers at intersections and traffic diversions to lessen vehicle density on Silver Avenue
· BikeABQ’s bike valet service at major events
· Average of 3.2 miles of bike friendly streets, lanes or trails per square mile
Despite the efforts to make our city safer for cyclists, severe, even fatal, bike accidents continue to occur.
In Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico, the law firm of Giddens & Gatton Law,amp; Jacobus has personal injury attorneys who handle motor vehicle accident cases and can specifically provide advice to injury victims and their families regarding how to proceed in the wake of an accident-related injury.
Contact Giddens & Gatton Law,amp; P.C., at (505) 273-3720 to set up an appointment or visit the firm’s website at giddenslaw.com. Giddens & Gatton Law,amp; P.C., is located at 10400 Academy Road N.E., Suite 350 in Albuquerque, New Mexico.